Friday, August 10, 2012




Yes, the writer of this blog is on the verge of going round the bend!!

We came to Kelley's Island for the day so Sonny could do a bit of work and meet a couple of customers. I intended to hook since I'm a little under the gun. Well, I forgot my frame!!! So I put this heavy stool on Janet's fireplace to hold down one end of the foundation fabric and found a needle on the counter ~ which I used to pin the other end to my jeans so the fabric would be taut enough to hook into. It just goes to prove where there's a will there's a way!!

And now, I must forge ahead!!! We did have a nice lunch overlooking the lake and did get in some beach glass hunting!! That saved my day!!!




Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

11 comments:

Ann said...

Alice, I'm so impressed with your ingenuity! Not only that, you posted it from your iphone. If I knew how to comment from my iphone I would instead of here on my laptop to try to keep up with you! ~Ann

Cathy G. said...

Alice,
You go girl! Now that's some creative thinking there!
Hope you got lots done!!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

My first "frame" was 2x4s nailed together with upholstery tacks holding the foundation taut. It worked! I sat in a chair and rested the frame on the arm of the chair so that I didn't have to hold it. It was huge, lol!

acorn hollow said...

very inventive I must say.
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

Alice ~
WOW! That is determination!!! Way to go. I hope you get lots done.
Hugs :)
Lauren

weaverpat said...

The things a hooker must do for her art! LOL!
Looks like torture to me. Hope you were able to get some work done and have a relaxing time.

Saundra P said...

Necessity is the mother of invention ~ at least you got to pull a few loops. Hook on!

Saundra

Kim said...

Alice......LOL! The limits hookers will go to for their craft. Love it!

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

A Girls gotta do what a girls gotta do :0) but you hookers are extreme lol Hope you enjoy your visit hugs lil raggedy angie

jody said...

i was trying to catch up a bit on your blog.. what beautiful grandbabes you have and how nice to give them a taste of what grandma loves to do. beautiful rugs! love your make do frame and your beautiful beach treasures! sounds like you had a great weekend! enjoy your evening!

mctasa said...

look here o9r79j3t18 replica louis vuitton replica bags review x5e50v0w28 replica bags china hermes fake v4e03e8o97 replica bags reddit replica bags us replica gucci handbags c4n64b5d38 replica bags paypal