Thursday, November 11, 2010

I'M BACK ~ ~ ~

Two weeks ago today was my last post!  I'm still
here ~ but life gets hectic!!  I want to show you the finished "Pumpkin House" rug with it's yellow lettering!  After I got it all in, the P and the U were too close and the M was squashed ~ so I reverse hooked both of them and moved it all to the left!  Yikes ~ what an ordeal ~ I don't like letters ~ and the M is still a little funky!!   I hooked some small bits of yarn into the background to give it a little life ~ and basically, this little rug turned out pretty well!

Remember the little purse from the Tipp City class?  Well, I adorned the back of it with this felted flower pin ~ this was my prototype ~ the man I live with looked at it and said "what is that?"  Hmmmm!  Undaunted, I forged on and drew a pattern on a file folder (we were at the lake so I had no supplies to speak of) and the next ones are more symmetrical ~ more to the builder's liking!  He forgets I'm an 'artiste'  ~ symmetrical doesn't mean as much to me!   I added french knots out of a variegated yarn and some beads from a garage-sale necklace to give it a little more interest!

These are the results ~ I added the extra touches later.  This was the night before we were leaving for Ligonier and I decided to give one to each of my classmates!  I've never done that before but last year, that dear Maria gave us big huge bags for our wool and a piece of her wool to hook with ~ so I decided to reciprocate!  And I made one for Barb ~ she took the purple one to go on a new jacket! They seemed to be a big hit, so now I think I'll make some to sell!

If you've been to the Woolley Fox this year, you've already met Posie, the Maine Coon Cat!  This is the sweetest, most lovable cat I've ever met!! She has so much personality ~ everybody just loves her!  She's grown so much since we met her in April ~ I wanted to stick her in my hooking bag and bring her back to Ohio!!

We got home from Ligonier Thursday night and Friday, Sonny and I and Tad went to the lake!  We had much fun at the Paper Moon Winery in Vermillion on Saturday afternoon ~ the place was packed ~ good wine, good snacks, loud entertainment and good friends to laugh with!  And then, back to reality!!

I've been dying wool this week and washing wool that I just got in yesterday.  Saturday, a group of gals are coming for my Funky Flower Purse class ~ so I needed to boost up my dyed wool selection for sure!!  But I thought I better take the time to post, so you all don't forget me!!!  I haven't forgotten you!!

Take care ~ there are pictures of our rugs started at Barb's ~ I'll get them up here soon!  Ta ta for now!
Alice

P.S. Happy Birthday to my sister, Joyce ~ her birthday is always easy to remember because it's on Veteran's Day. Both my brothers served our country ~ one, a marine in the Korean war and the other, in the Army. Thanks to all who work to protect our freedom!

11 comments:

acorn hollow said...

glad your back I love the pumpkin house and the squished m is great.
I love the flower pins. Can't wait to see more pictures.
Cathy

Cathy G. said...

Those pins are adorable! Love the colors! Your rug turned out great and very worth all the fiddling with the letters. I like to do lettering but there definitely is a trick to it.......now you know what it is!
Can't wait to see more photos!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Miccosukee said...

Alice,
Glad you are back. I missed your writings. What did you end up hooking at Barb's? You hadn't made the decision before you left.

Great flowers! You come up with some of the neatest things. Glad to see how great your lettering turned out. You seem to have licked any demons.

Trisha

Kim said...

Great funky little flowers. And your pumpkin house rug looks great. Letters are a pain in the butt for me too but you stuck with it and they look great.
Kim

The Barn Door said...

I love the flower pins!!! Most men have no appreciation for art!!! :-)

weaverpat said...

The pumplin house really looks great! Love the colors.
Cute little flower pins!
Love the picture of Posie. But then, I'm a sucker for cute kitty pictures.
Can't wait for the post about your trit to Ligonier.

Jacque. said...

I always enjoy reading your posts. You are one busy woman! And, creative, besides! Love the rug. I hated hooking letters, too. Your lettering looks just fine. That is a cute rug!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Alice ~
I, too, have missed you...lol!
Pumpkin house looks great. I've hooked letters only a couple of time and did not like them one little bit!
I'm anxious to see what you decided to start in Ligonier!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Unknown said...

Nice blogg! Hugs from Petra

Lisa said...

The pumpkin house rug is wonderful. I love the colors. Thanks for all the info on the group that meets at the library across from summit mall. I can't remember if I wrote back or not. If I did I am sorry and if I didn't I am sorry too. lol. It has been a long day. I have the day off on Nov. 19th, now if I don't chicken out of going that will be another thing all together. I hope you have a great time with the ladies tomorrow. I hope they buy alot. Have a great weekend

Jeanne (RED) said...

Beautiful pins made by a beautiful lady! (Men know nothing about high, or low, fashion! (LOL) And I love pumpkin house. I too can't wait for more pictures from camp!
Take care, Love, Jeanne L