Thursday, April 4, 2013

MAGDALENA ROOSTER PAIR ~ ~ ~

 This rug was started over a year ago at one of our Woolley Fox trips.  It's Barb's pattern called Rooster Pair ~ I love it!! I used all kinds of leftover worms in the background for the color and the neutrals are several different wools all mushed together in what I call The Karen Kahle style ~ I learned that from Karen in classes I've taken.


The rug resides in the entry to the dining/living room of our house ~ it fit perfect in the doorway!  We walk on it everyday and it seems no worse for the wear. It has lots of sparkly wool in it ~ in fact, the rooster bodies are all glittery wool ~ not primitive but it works for me!!  I finished it this fall right before our photo shoot.  I haven't heard yet when the magazine will use our house but you guys will be the first to know!!




This is granddaughter, Jordyn showing off her hand-built pottery vase that she made at our local art center.  She took classes this winter and did some great pieces!!  She really has an artistic nature ~ we hope she continues!! She let me choose a piece and I picked a small dish that we keep on the counter so I can look at it every day!! 











The same evening, we had birthday cake with Logan, who is a big nine years old now!!  He's the youngest of our 10 grands ~ they're growing up fast!  He's the only grandson playing Little League this summer ~ so we'll be seeing lots of him and Jordyn and Luci will be on the same team ~ we're very happy about that! 

I've been in the dye pots this week ~ next Saturday is the Gathered Treasures show here in Mansfield ~ lots of primitives for the home and garden ~ and me!!  I've gotten some pretty colors ~ it's always a surprise how they turn out!

Hope you had a good week ~ it's beginning to warm up ~ Spring is in the air!! 

Alice



12 comments:

Lori Ann Corelis said...

What fun! love the rooster rug!
You have fun with those grandkids! Wow....10 of them!

Sorry I will miss gathered treasures. . . . Hope it is great!

L

Unknown said...

oh my, I LOVE this rug!! I love the way you use different colors of wool here and there...it makes it look old. I do not know why, but I have a hard time doing this, ugh!!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Alice ~
That rug is on my very long rug bucket list! Yours is terrific!
What sweet grands! Love the pottery piece Jordyn is holding.
Sorry I have to miss the show again this year :( I'll be in WV at Susan Feller's Retreat in the Mountains.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Kim said...

Love the rug. I put purple feet on my last chicken rug, just for you :)

Saundra said...

Your rooster pair turned out wonderfully. Great grandkids and that's a lot of Birthday and Christmas gifts each year...oh boy. Hope she keeps up with pottery too, she could turn that into a profitable little hobby.

Saundra

Julia said...

The rooster rug looks very nice and their purple feet adds a personal touch. Happy Birthday to your grandson and your granddaughter's pottery looks nice. She looks so pleased with the results.

Have a great day. I'm looking forward to seeing your home featured.

HUgs,
JB

Ter'e said...

Hold onto your brithches, my pretty one! Two hookers, from your past, are going to say hi to you!!!! Hope your little ears were burning today! :-)
xoxoxoxo

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Oh, my!! Ter'e catbird!! Who are they???
Yes, Saundra ~ a LOT of presents throughout the year!!! And thanks for tHe compliments ~ I do love this rug!!

moosecraft said...

Your rugs looks beautiful! And Jordyn's vase is awesome! She has a natural talent for sure! Happy Birthday to Logan!

Miccosukee said...

Alice,
I keep looking on your store site for any goodies you get to sell at your shows to wind up on there so those who live "a fer piece away" can partake of them. You always find such neat stuff!

trisha

Jacque. said...

ohmy, Alice...the rug is gorgeous! You did great! Have fun with the grands!

Darren Demers said...

This is granddaughter, Jordyn showing off her hand-built pottery vase that she made at our local art center. cut and sew factory , industrial sewing factory , She took classes this winter and did some great pieces!! She really has an artistic nature ~ we hope she continues!! She let me choose a piece and I picked a small dish that we keep on the counter so I can look at it every day!!