Wednesday, November 16, 2011

SATURDAY'S SHOW ~ ~ ~

Last Saturday was the Gathered Treasures Christmas Show, held here in Mansfield, Ohio!  Here's a picture of my helper and our booth at the beginning of the show.  I swear, I think he's doing sudoku ~ or maybe he was counting out my change!! 

 Our friends, Vivian and Lou Schomburg had the booth next to us ~ they make all kinds of boxes and shelves  and file cabinets and television cabinets, etc. ~ I could go on and on!  We divided 3 spaces between us ~ a booth and a half each ~ it worked out swell!  Then we went out to eat after packing up ~ we always laugh and have a good time!!  We love doing shows ~ well, a couple of us do!

 This is Sherry Davis' friend ~ don't know where Sherry was when I was taking pictures of her booth ~ she always has such interesting things.  Eclectic ~ that's what she is and that's what she sells ~ you know what I mean!  Actually, Sherry is pretty eclectic herself!

I thought this was a great looking booth, too.  There were about 35 of us ~ lots of primitive antiques and folk art.  I was a little concerned as to what I might sell as I don't have holiday things or gift type items ~ but bless those rug hookers' hearts ~ they shopped!!  Thank you one and all!

Friend Lauren was there ~ Rugs and Pugs is her blog ~ and she just happened to have one of her silver spoon necklaces with her!  We made a nice trade of wool for a necklace ~ she has them for sale on her blog ~ you can contact her thru there! I see lots of my hooker friends wearing these so I was glad to get one!

Last evening, I updated my website ~ namely, the pattern pages.  I mailed out some yesterday and decided I need to mark "Sold" on what is gone (but I can order them if you'd like one) and added pictures of all the Liberty Homestead patterns that I have.  These patterns are primitive and folk arty (if that's a word) and some are small if you want a quick project to hook for a friend or yourself. This small Rooster pattern is one of them ~

I also added the Sauder Rug Week class to my Classes page ~ and I was happy to hear from a gal today that has signed up herself and her friend!!  Yay!

That's all for today ~ I was outside for a while cleaning up the garden ~ still some out there to put on the compost pile ~ hope I'm not still out there when the snow flies!!  Off to pick up Miss Luci from the bus ~ she doesn't know it but we're going to make banana bread!!  She'll like that ~ especially when she gets to take home a loaf!  Have a good evening ~ a friend just called and invited us out for dinner ~ my evening just got better!!!!

Alice

5 comments:

Saundra said...

Glad it was a happy show for you but also hope you needed BRINKS to take your money to the bank for deposit.

Saundra

Rugs and Pugs said...

Alice ~
So nice to see you and Sonny. How sweet of you to plug my necklaces!!! You are a dear friend.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Carmen and the Primcats said...

I was there! And I saw your booth. And dang it... I didn't say hello. :( Shame on me. I didn't know it was you. Maybe next time. I'm glad you did well... it was an amazing show!

Carmen and the Primcats

Blue Turtle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
My Colonial Home said...

Good morning Alice,
What a wonderful looking BOOTH FULL OF WOOL you had...and I imagine there were many other wonderful goodies as well.
I like that you all split the space - makes it very affordable doesn't it.
Karen