Tuesday, August 17, 2010

DEANNE FITZPATRICK PATTERNS ~ ~ ~

I feel pretty fortunate to have Deanne Fitzpatrick ship me some of her patterns ~ all on linen ~ I love her work and thought maybe some of you would as well!  
"Poppies on the Edge of Town"  
29" x 22"         $48  

4  3 available

This is the rug that is on the cover of her "Hooking Rugs" dvd.


I love her finished pattern (I lifted this photo off her website!) ~  it's beautiful.  For those of you who don't know Deanne ~ she is from Nova Scotia and has very unique pattern designs based on her surroundings and a very unique hooking style ~ kind of higgelty-piggelty rather than the very organized way that most of us hook. As I looked around her website, the only patterns that I have that are on there are this one and Dancing in Paisley.  Which makes me think, they are all one-of-a-kind that she drew up and put in her shop!  That makes them even better!!




 "Cove Boat"

20" x  27 1/2"                 $48.00


I love the paisleys in the sky ~












"Diva"     

7 1/2"  x  19"                $26.00















"Dancing in Paisley"          

17" x 36"            $42.00



















"Out for the Night"

12" x 12"   $20.00


 








"Welcome"

5" x 26" 22.00

















"Together Us Three"

21" x 13" $28.00









"Three House Doortopper"    32"  x  14"     $32.00






If any of these need to become part of your pattern stash, email me at gfraizer@neo.rr.com and I will send them out to you plus tax and shipping!

Heidi and I are off to Sauder Village rug show tomorrow and taking our non-hooking friend, Peg, along.  We'll stay over at the lake and hopefully have a little hooking time.  I have a refrigerator repairman coming Thursday ~ I am so looking forward to that!  There is a frozen waterfall running down the entire back of the   freezer ~ all I can think is cha-ching!!!!  Maybe we'll even run back to Sauder ~ on Wednesday,  I'm meeting up with Gene Shepherd to buy some of his wool ~ looking forward to meeting Jane Green (my England Memory rug is in her book on Pictorial Rugs) and I'm picking up a pattern from Bea Brock (who taught my sister in Texas to hook) ~ sounds like a great day!  When we can squeeze days like this into our lives, it makes up for some of the crummy ones that come along ~ so I'm going to do what the late artist, Tascha Tudor recommended and "Take Joy" in the fun and interesting days that make up the rest of my week!  I hope that you have something coming up soon in which you can "Take Joy" !!!

Alice

P.S.  I'll take lots of pictures for you!

1 comment:

Miccosukee said...

Alice,
Oh what joy to have so many wonderful opportunities going on at the same time1
Since I live in a hooking wasteland, am looking forward to your wonderful pictures. Hope Tad's hand continues to improve.
Peace and Happiness,
Trisha