Thursday, December 20, 2012

A FUN WEEKEND ~ ~ ~


This fun weekend was a couple of weeks ago but I still wanted to share it!  Corso's Greenhouse in Sandusky is just a feast for the eyes, no matter what time of year!  But this poinsettia display was really beautiful ~ and I just noticed the "Peace" sign in the upper right of the photo ~ so appropriate right now.

Friday night was the first of our festivities and it was the Annual HomeBuilders Christmas dinner.  Sonny will be the new Vice President and his son, Brian, is the President and my son, Ted, is a Board member.  Is that nepotism?  Do I even know what the word means?  At any rate, they are all hard working guys and I'm proud of their service to our organization!  Can you see the glimpse of my sparkly headband?  Another older gal we know was sporting a glittery headband this summer and I thought it was cute ~ so I gave it a whirl!! Sonny said it was better than if I wore a hat ~ there may have been a compliment in there somewhere!

Saturday night, we were invited to join our Kelley's Island friends at Chez Francois in Vermillion for an anniversary celebration!  We love it there and this was the dessert presentation.  Beautiful!  We had the truffle dinner ~ one of their specialty offerings that had truffles in every course!!  Lots of different kinds of truffles and things served with truffle oil and truffle honey and this was truffle ice cream!  It was quite a dining experience ~ you might call it a once in a lifetime affair and we all loved it!

Then on Sunday night, we had friends, Margo and Rich
for dinner ~ well, we had steak for dinner but they joined us! See their reindeer 'ears' ~ they really get into the season!!

And since we were dining at the lake place, friends Diane and Greg joined us, too!  We had a fun evening to top off our big weekend and we loved every minute of it!! 

Last week, Sonny and I were out every night with friends or family ~ this week is a different story!  I'm just trying to stay alive and get well enough for the Seattle family!  They're arriving Saturday at noon and it will be high times for the next week!  We're going to work a family photo in and celebrate Tad's birthday at the end of the week!!  There will be lots of coming and going and cooking and eating and lots of Christmas cheer, I'm sure!! 

Today, I hope to put out a few decorations ~ this house is  not very Christmasy, other than the tree!!  Sounds like we might be in for some snow, so a trip to the grocery might be in order along with getting Tad out to do his shopping!  Holy crow ~ I have no time for the "Christmas Crud"  that has taken me over!!  I'm sure most of you are ready  and enjoying your days ~ know that I envy you!!!!  It's always like Christmas was a surprise at our house!! But we've never missed one yet!!

Have a happy day!!
Alice

2 comments:

weaverpat said...

OMG! Those poisettias are lovely!

Great picture of you and Sonny! The sparkly headband is very festive. Just right for celebrating the season.

Have a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends. Sounds like it's going to be a very busy one!

dulcy said...

I all sounds just lovely, warm, and fun... Now that the holidays are over things quiet down a bit I imagine. Hope yours was wonderful Alice, and Happy New Year!

xo
dulcy