Thursday, June 21, 2012

DYEING IN THIS HEAT ~ ~ ~

 Thank goodness for air-conditioning!  Only a crazy woman (or one with a show looming close on the calendar) would dye wool in this weather!  Guess who that might be?!  This is some of the marbleizing that I did this week ~ I absolutely love the results ~ each piece looks like a little work of art to me!

This is yesterday's dyeing ~ trying some lighter colors ~ a little out of the box for me but I like them a lot!  Looks like flower wool! 


And lots of that muddy blue that I used as the background for the bee chairpads. I still have a few of the paper patterns left to sell! I also got some bent scissors in today (Dara, yours are on the way tomorrow!) so I'll be bringing those along Saturday, too! And a few new patterns from a local gal!

Hope to see some of you on Saturday at Kingwood for the hook-in ~ we're gonna have some fun ~ and the extreme heat will be gone by then!!  That's a good thing because I would melt into a puddle of grease if it was in the 90's like it is right now!  Of course, I am on my way to the ballfield ~ Luci and Jordyn have a tournament game!  Last night, I helped Luke at the concession stand ~ my second time in a week!  Years ago, I helped out when my boys were playing ball ~ it never occurred to me that so many years later, I'd be back there selling hot dogs and pizza to families that are calling it supper!  Just like the good old days!!

Okay ~ I'm on my way ~ to somewhere!  Have a good evening!
Alice  



7 comments:

Kim said...

Alice, your wool looks lovely. I stopped in a wool shop today while I was out of town and got a gorgeous piece of red mottled wool.

My Colonial Home said...

Beautiful Wool Alice...but there's also another one out there that does that kind of thing in the heat.
I washed all my wool to prepare it for working on today too....although the temps only reached 87 and the humidity went down to 70...pretty good day...LOL

Blessings,
Karen

acorn hollow said...

what lovely colors oh I can't even think about wool today it is 90's
yeck.
Cathy

Julia said...

Aww Alice, your marbleized wool is so lovely. You are such a trooper for dyeing wool in this heat.

It's such a satisfying feeling getting nice results like that. It will fly off your shelves in a jiffy.

Have a great weekend and enjoy yourself.
Hugs, JB

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Love, love, love the colors!! I thought about dyeing...but it's just way too hot!
Hugs,
Courtney

Lori Ann Corelis said...

Beautiful colors and mottling as usual!!
Have fun at the hook in!

L

Julie ~ Keeper of My Home said...

I am just loving your blog. I always wanted to learn the art of rug hooking. You are a very talented woman!
Blessings,
Julie
www.ourlittleredsaltbox.blogspot.com