Sunday, January 9, 2011

FRAMED ~ ~ ~

This is what Sonny has been up to on his Christmas break and this last week!  Building new frames to sell!  These are the small ones with a 9" x 11" working area (perfect for those small projects that won't fit on your larger framer),  they sell for $95 and remember, they fold flat,  like the stack at the right, for travel!  These are made out of walnut, oak and sycamore!  There is a big one made of walnut and one of cherry ~ the rest are maple or sycamore and are $135.00.  When you're ready, give us a call and set up a time to try one!

I've been hooking yesterday and today!  And watching Lifetime ~ that's a great day when I can just do what I want!!  I finished the little snowman mat and have hooked almost the whole center of the 1668 Geometric that I started in November.  And, I actually got out my little gathering of things for the next challenge and have pulled some wools to get started on that!!!  The deadline is the 20th ~ holy crow ~ is that 11 days from now?  Anybody who knows me, knows that I don't have a very good concept of time!  I better get cracking!

It's a beautiful snowy, sunshiny day here in Ohio ~ a great day for hooking ~ and it would be a good day for cooking something yummy!  I'll have to think about that!  Have fun!

7 comments:

Kim said...

Sonny's frames look wonderful. And how great that they fold down for travel! Don't forget to show us your Finished rug.
It is snowing here also. I have baked beans in the oven - it's a comfort-food kind of day.

The Barn Door said...

OHHH do you ship? Of course I have to save my money first!! I have a large frame, (my first ever, have always used a quilting hoop) and I find this frame sort of bulky and cumbersome. I am really having trouble doing turns, such as for cats paws etc, even though the frame rotates 360. Am thinking a smaller one for my lap might work better and allow me to turn it easier?

Rugs and Pugs said...

ALice ~
Yes, it was a great day for hooking. Too bad I was gone all day :(
How's about showing us your rug progress?
Hugs :)
Lauren

jane augenstein said...

Wow, those are beautiful frames! Sonny does very nice work; does he make shelves and things for your house too?
It's cold and we have a LOT of snow here and more on the way.....I am soooo ready for spring!

Wendie Scott Davis said...

Catching up on a few of your posts. The frames are great. And I totally agree that the smaller size is great for travelling. Have you shipped any to Canada - any idea of cost?

Had to tell you that the beer belts post made me laugh out loud. How much fun is that!!!

And your new chairs are so cheery - you just couldn't have a bad time sitting in one, I'm sure.

Miccosukee said...

Alice,
Your guy makes beautiful frames. Too bad I have four already and have sworn to not buy another until I sell at least one. Those small ones look good and that is the size I don't have. All my frames are much bigger.

It looks like it wants to snow here and it did just up the road some. It's wet and 38 degrees and I am staying inside.

Lori Ann Corelis said...

hi Alice,

I love my "Sonny Frame" !! Hmmmm I'm liking this smaller size too! Might need one of those! Enjoyed all your pics and musings too . . . . We took our Christmas down too . . . But I still have a little tree up with only orange slices . . . Trying to keep a little Christmas alive :-)

May 2011 be good to you!!
Lori Ann