Friday, September 5, 2008

PREPARING FOR A SHOW~ ~ ~

Yesterday's dyeing!! Lots of rusts, antique red, golds and greens!! I think because of Fall approaching, the rusts and reds really appeal to me!! Enough already!! I was going to put on a couple more dye pots this morning, but I think I'm done now!! It's rainy and gloomy out (we need the rain and I'm so glad it's today and hopefully, NOT TOMORROW!!) that I just decided that I'll concentrate on getting all my stuff together ~ tables, crates, bags, plastic drop cloths (insurance against the rain!) and fold more of the as-is wool!! I sure hope lots of shoppers come by 'cause this girl is ready!!!

I started this piece last Sunday and have worked on it a bit each day, finally finishing it late last night!! It's a combination of proddy and hooking with lots of texture in the grassy area achieved with wool and a heavy dyed yarn and a bit of a fine velvet ribbon. I used some antique paisley in the stem and the moon, as I did in one of the purses ~ I'm really making an effort to use different fabrics and techniques in an attempt to expand my hooking. It's very easy to do what we know and I'm trying to challenge myself to be more creative! We'll see how it goes!!

Back to the hooking room!!
Alice

4 comments:

Jacque. said...

You have been BUSY! Today is the big day...have a great time and do well!

JoJo said...

I love all of the dyeing you've gotten accomplished! And your rug is adorable. I don't know that I'm ready to try proddy but love the effect it gives.

I'm waiting, with bated breath, for a report on the show. How did it go? Did you have a good time? Any pictures to share?

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

OKAY JOJO ~ I'm getting ready to post!!

summersundays-jw said...

I love your wool & the great colors you get. I do a lot of wool applique & penny rugs & "stuff" & I'd love to know the ins & outs of dyeing. I'm going to try your rhubarb leaves tomorrow. Anyway, do you have a favorite book or website where I could find out more. Jan