Monday, April 20, 2015

Happenings ~ ~ ~






Last week was the Amish Hook-in that took place in Berlin, Ohio. It wax a wonderful day with 160 rug hookers and 10 vendors! Sonny and I had a lot of fun with our friends and lots of wool changed hands that day!!


Maggie Bonanomi was the featured teacher. Laura and I brought our finished projects from the class we took with her at Sauder. Friend Pam brought hers but she left before Maggie had a minute to spare! The women loved Maggie!!


Sonny tapped a few maple trees for a project for his daughter, Korinna. Then he made syrup for us!


It takes 40 gallons of sap to make one gallon of syrup! That's a lot of boiling! He got another smaller batch but it made enough for us and the kids. He really enjoyed the process and I'm sure he'll do it next year!

Thanks for stopping by ~ hope you're enjoying spring!!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

11 comments:

My Colonial Home said...

Morning Alice
I love hook-ins - they look like so much fun.
I'm going to one in June and can't wait - it will be my second time.
Love those huge rugs. I'm not there yet and probably never will be.
Blessings
Karen

Julia said...

Way to go... what's a great job on the making of the maple syrup and so satisfying. I have to buy mine...

How sweet that Sonny went with you to the Amish Hook-in. It looks like a good place to sell your wool and have a fun productive day with hubby.

Hugs,
JB

Lori Ann Corelis said...

What a fun day! Your bed cover is just beautiful!!!! I bet Maggie was proud of you girls! :-)

Rugs and Pugs said...

Maple syrup ~ YUM!
Your Maggie bedcover is just lovely. So happy I saw it in person.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Kim said...

Love those big rugs!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Our projects are wool appliqué bed covers ~ lots of stitches!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
newburyarts said...

*****well...tell your husband that once a group of us got together in vermont to try our hands at making maple syrup. some friends owned an inn at the time and while we were busy boiling down the sap, someone mentioned the amount of steam involved. we found out that the steam went throughout the house and took all of the wallpaper down...in every room! still laughing about that nearly thirty years ago...once we could get out all of the moisture we spent the rest of the time rehanging the stuff!!! happy spring!!!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Love your story! That thought came up when I suggested he cook it in the house ~ so he cooked outside in a copper kettle over am turkey fryer burner. Next year, I'm sure there will be something moree efficient!

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Alice,
Glad you had a nice time in Berlin. It looks wonderful. You would think that I could manage to get to some of the Ohio happenings, but I am just too busy on the farm. Especially this time of year.
Melinda

jan said...

شركة نقل عفش من الدمام الى الاردن
شركة نقل عفش من المدينة المنورة الى جدة شركة نقل عفش من المدينة المنورة الى جدة