Sunday, June 2, 2013




Just a couple of photos of our favorite Lake Erie past-time ~ beach glass hunting! A few lucky stones, some honed glass and some pottery chards!


This is a gathering of glass from a new place we were told about ~ not quite as tumbled and honed as most but still some nice pieces in there. Sonny collected these pieces ~ it was down kind of a steep path and I had on flip flops ~ since I'm not too sure footed, it didn't seem smart to trek down there.

We've had a busy couple of weeks ~ crazy busy, in fact! Business is great ~ lots of ball games to attend for the grands, a 6th grade graduation, dance recital, a/c went kaput so we had to have a new one installed, and lots of crazy weather! But we had a fun, relaxing lake weekend ~ had a great Friday night dinner at JBistro in Sandusky and get togethers with friends.

I hope to be a better blogger ~ time flies by so fast, I can't believe it's been over two weeks since I posted. Talk to you soon!

Alice





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Alice ~
Good to hear from you :)
Nice haul of beach glass!
You're just as busy as ever!!!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Jacque. said...

Busy woman...pretty glass! Fun seeing what you're up to.

My Colonial Home said...

Alice how very pretty...in all my years of beaching I've never found any - maybe I just didn't know what to look for back then.
Karen

Julia said...

Bare toes and beach glass may not be the best combination but you got a good haul just the same.

You are always very busy and I'm glad that business is good. You deserve som time to relax with friends.

I hope that you enjoy the month of June. I'm sure it will go fast too.

Hugs,
JB

dulcy said...

What a gorgeous collection you gathered Alice. I'll be up north around lake Huron and the St. Claire river later this summer. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for some of these treasures!

xo
dulcy

Wendie Scott Davis said...

Love your glass. My friend in Barbados made me throw them back if they weren't "ripe" yet.LOL. I still haven't done anything with any of it.

Your comment yesterday was much appreciated and I have visions of your grand activities in the not-too-distant future. We are a bit far away for the daily stuff, but I am sure we will trek more for the "specials".

xox