Friday, June 25, 2010

MORE KINGWOOD HOOK~IN ~ ~ ~

This is my version of the birdhouse pattern from the Kingwood hook-in!  Most everyone did theirs as a rug but mine is a bolster for the bed.  We got these patterns last year ~ I started hooking mine last Monday before the hook-in ~ I made it into a pillow Saturday morning before we left!!  Procrastinator is my middle name!  But it turned out really cute ~ I work well under pressure ~ most of it self-imposed!

Rarely, do I win anything but Saturday was my lucky day!!  They had a Chinese auction with really nice prizes but I put all my tickets in this drawing and Happy Day! I got to take it home!  It is really large ~ my hooking frame is inside ~ and is made out of beautiful fabric!! 


And this sweet girl, Rhonda, is the one who made and donated that great bag to the auction!  Rhonda of My Glory Stars blog (the link is in my blog list to the left) is a good friend of Katie's and helped at check-in all day!  I love this frame bag and love her generosity!  Katie had wonderful door prizes that day, too, and we each got a cute little wool favor as we checked in!  A great day was had by all!


Some of the blogs tell about their thrift store finds ~ this is mine!  There is a new little shop in Port Clinton with 'gently used' high-end household decorating items ~ these pillows were $6 each ~ they look brand new and are striped on the other side.  They'll work great for the benches on the deck ~ in case we have a party ~ or even get to sit out there!


Last night, we went to Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk to meet up with my nephew from Florida who is a dragracer.  We had a little family reunion of sorts ~ his sister and two of my other nieces came ~ it was fun.  My son, Tad, even stepped out of his comfort zone and joined us for a cookout ~ Scot took him on the golf cart as he guided various family members back to his motorhome ~ it was a fun evening ~ in between some really wild thunderstorms ~ Scot told me today there is a big tree down where our car was parked!!  Glad we left before that started! 


That's is for today ~ it's 1:20 a.m. ~ seems like it's time to turn out the lights!  Have a good day!
Alice



5 comments:

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

You lucky gal!! Love that bag, Rhonda did a great job. You know she makes quilts too??
I can't believe how fast this week went. Have fun at the lake if you're going this weekend. Everyone from the lake is coming to our house tommorrow to go canoeing. Just for the day then they're going back.

Rugs and Pugs said...

OMG girl! You do work well under pressure. You started that last Monday and had it hooked and sewn in to a pillow by Saturday??? I AM IMPRESSED!!!
It was so good to chat with you at the hook-in and the bag Rhonda made is amazing. You were one lucky gal!
Have a great weekend.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Unknown said...

I love your bird house pillow. What a great idea.
Great bag you won also, pretty colors.
Enjoy your day.

Sheila said...

Love your pillow you busy gal and your bag is great! Lucky you!

Unknown said...

It's beautiful in every single way. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed looking at your work. Nice blog.
-------------
Oriental Rug Cleaning