Thursday, March 18, 2010

ST. PATTY'S DAY ~ ~ ~

We spent last evening at a fundraiser for St. Baldrick's, which supports childrens' cancer research! This is grandson, Luke, getting his head shaved for charity for the first time ~ his mom, Miki, is manning the razor but I think my finger was covering up her face ~ that's not good ~ sorry Miki!! Miki's hair salon, Michelle's Salon, has been offering their services to St. Baldrick's since the beginning here in the Mansfield area. The girl to the right is Becca and Beth, Char, Abby and Tricia gave their evening along with a local barber. We left before it was over and they announced at that point, they had collected $25,000 in donations that evening!!!!!! In this economy, in this area ~ that is fabulous!!!

This threesome is grandson, Jakob, on the left, this is his 3rd year ~ grandson, Camden on the right, his 4th year ~ and in the middle, is family friend and Cam's school librarian, Melody!! Melody was inspired by Cam, when he came to school that first year with his little bald head! She told him that she would do it with him the following year and has done it ever since!! It takes quite a woman to do that ~ and she is very proud to sport that bald head for this great charity! We applaud them all!!

Here is the Pay It Forward gift that blog friend, Jacque made for me! I lost the picture in my last post so here it is!! A cute little wooden sheep and a quilted fabric basket that I'll use for my wool snippets! Thanks again, Jacque!

It's been a crazy busy week since last week! I still want to post about the beginning rug classes last week ~ that will be soon. It's been non-stop doing and going! Tomorrow, I'm headed to Columbus to the primitive wholesale market and back down on Saturday for another one!! One of these days, I'm going to meet myself coming or going out the door!! Have a good evening!!
Alice

2 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Alice ~
Hooray for your grandsons and Melody. Woo hoo. That is a woman with cajones ;-) Are you going to be sitting there next year?
Your "pay it forward" gifts are wonderful.
Have fun at the wholesale markets. That sound like a whole lot of fun.
Looking forward to seeing pics of your classes.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

hillcresthomeprims said...

I just found your blog and love it. I love to hook rug. I just started and I also quilt which I love.

Enjoy the wholesale markets and can't wait to see all the picturs!!!!

I hope you will come by my blog and check it out. I am new at blogging. I joined yours!!!

Blessings,
Tricia
Hillcrest Home Prims