Thursday, September 10, 2009

SHOW PREP ~ ~ ~

Dyed fleece! That's what's in these little bags! Colorful, isn't it? I tried to put some fleece in every dye pot so there would be an array of colors to offer at the show Saturday! Dyed fleece is great for garden flowers, to enhance a field of grass or maybe even to hook a wild-haired angel!! Quailcrest Herb Fair is north of Wooster, so if you get a chance, come by and see us! Our booth is in the tent up by the house ~ my same spot for over 20 years!!!!

This was Tuesday dyeing results ~ tomato soup (named by customer, Molly), robin's egg blue, midnight and pea-green!! Yesterday, I started to pack the crates, divide the as-is wool into a more manageable amount (I tend to pack everything~that's just crazy) and price the remnants (small pieces of odds and ends) which are great for adding to your color stash!

I sent this photo to a customer to give her an idea of how several pieces of wool dyed the same color, but different base colors, will all blend together. When you're planning a background or any color combination, this will give you a bird's eye view of how it all works together. Kim liked what she saw ~ so this is all going in the mail today!! Thank you so much!!!

That's it for today ~ the wool room is calling ~ I'll try to get another post in before Saturday and then I will take pictures at the show for you to see next week. The weather forecast is great ~ low 70's, no rain ~ yippee!!! There's nothing better than outdoor show when all conditions are right!

Have a happy day ~
Alice

6 comments:

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Your wool is so wonderful, best wishes for your show. I would love to be able to attend!

WoolenSails said...

Good luck at the show, wish it were closer.

Debbie

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Yes ~ I wish both of you could be here, too!!! Think good thoughts for no rain ~ the forecast is changing and I'm gonna worry!!!!
Oh, well ~ that's what they make plastic drop cloths for!!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Alice ~
Looking forward to seeing all your luscious wool. Lucky me that I live close enough to attend.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Alice, your wool looks beautiful!~
Best wishes for much success at the show!

Kim said...

Aaaah yes! I need to run to the post office and see if that yummy wool is waiting for me!! :o) Love that tomato soup too! COLOR COLOR COLOR! Love it!