Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ~ ~ ~


I just want to wish one and all a Happy Thanksgiving from here in Ohio ~ it's a clear sun-shiny day with snow on the ground ~ kind of picturesque! We're going to my son's for dinner ~ yippee!! I've made the salad and baked Friendship bread and have a pie and sweet potatoes yet to do. We're going over this morning for pumpkin roll and coffee to start the day ~ that was the plan last night when we left, at any rate!! I'm waiting for the phone to ring any minute now!!!

There is a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving ~ healthy family and friends ~ and we have lots of family and friends that we are so grateful for ~ lower gas prices ~ food and clothing and shelter ~ and even grateful for the lessons we are learning through the economic challenges that we face personally and nationally. It is a time for learning ~ learning to be more conservative ~ learning to share ~ learning that abundance comes in many forms. I always think that a day that I haven't learned a new thing is a day wasted!!! And believe me, I could fill a book with those things lately!!!!!

So to each of you I wish your day to be filled with lots of good food and people you love to be with ~ have a happy day!
Alice

4 comments:

Wendie Scott Davis said...

Hi there,

Saw that you stopped by and put a link to my blog on yours. Thanks for doing that. It really is fun to send people visiting, isn't it.

Hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving. Ours is so long ago that I am completely recovered from the turkey overdose.

xo

Wendie

Anonymous said...

I hope that you have had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I just enjoyed reading back a few posts on your blog. Your children's rugs are sweet, and have given me inspiration (3 babies arriving to my family in Spring). You will love your class with Julie Marie. She will guide you wherever you want your hook to take you, and is very relaxing. Thanks for the pleasant read!
Lauri

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Hi Wendie and Lauri ~ turkey day is over ~ we are stuffed for sure just like the old bird was for dinner!! Glad you stopped by ~ you're welcome anytime!!
Alice

JoJo said...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving and were able to even escape having it at your home. It took me until 11 p.m. to get the kitchen cleaned up, all of the dishes done and put away and the house revacuumed. Blessedly, Gerry helped with the roaster, which I hate doing, but other than that, I was all alone in the kitchen. But the turkey was good, stuffing my favorite and we have enough leftovers that I don't need to worry about cooking.