Friday, June 5, 2009

ANOTHER RUG ~ ~ ~

I always like to have a picture along with the blog post so today's picture is a rug that I hooked early in my hooking career!! It's a pattern by Margo White and I started this in a class that she used to have at Shaker Village in Kentucky. I picked the pattern ahead of time and asked her to color plan it for me and that I liked dark colors ~ this couldn't have been a better choice for our decor and it looks perfect in front of the tv cabinet. Now, at a class, I play a big part in the color planning along with the teacher or do my own color planning on rugs I do here in my own studio. When we go to a class, it is for a reason ~ to gain knowledge from that teacher in whatever area that is their expertise. So if it's color planning, I think we should soak up what they have to share with us and combine that with our own tastes ~ and we leave that class with a great rug!

Mrs. Turkey is still sitting on her eggs ~ I would think they would be having their 'coming out' party soon!! I'll show pictures as soon as the big day arrives!

It's been a quiet week here ~ only one evening of little league games ~ one night we got rained out!! Our friend, Rita, had invited us over for a gathering and we were going to have to go late ~ but the rain allowed us to join the group and we had a great evening ~ lots of yummy food! ~ and lots of laughs for sure!

Kathy of Sweet William Primitives, (the winner of my secret giveaway!) and I have shared some nice emails this week. She and I have a lot in common and our paths have crossed before! Kathy reminded me that we met at a show I was doing in Columbus a couple of years ago and then she called me to find out where I bought my eyeglasses (I got them on a trip Seattle and had to beg the salesguy to let me have only the frames and have my eye doctor make the lenses here in Ohio - I actually left the store and went out for lunch with our kids and after a cocktail or two, went back and made my case ~ I got the glasses!)!!!! And now she has them, too (she didn't have to go to Seattle, though)!! That was quite a compliment! I hope our paths cross again ~ we have LOTS to talk about!

That's it for today ~ I need to make sense out of this office! Sonny and Mr. Kitty left for the lake at 6:30 a.m. this morning!! He had a small job up there so I asked him to take that cat with him ~ we've finally figured out if we don't play the radio, he travels better ~ it doesn't make sense, but it works! Tad and I will journey up there later this morning ~ it looks like a beautiful day today and tomorrow!! Have a good weekend, friends ~ do something fun if at all possible!! Ta ta ~
Alice

6 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Alice ~
Love your rug ~ as always!
Have a great time at the lake. I hope the bugs aren't as bad as they are here. I may never get to do yard work.
Lauren

Sweet William Primitives said...

Have a lovely weekend Alice! Your rug is just beautiful! Hugs~Kathy

WoolenSails said...

Love the shades you used in the rug.
Can't wait to see the babies when they hatch.

Debbie

JoJo said...

This is a darling rug and I love the colors you used. Color planning is not one of my strong suits but I have experts I can ask for help from.

Hope you had a nice weekend at the lake. It's hot and humid here and we're waiting for severe storms. Gotta love it.

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
柯云 said...

2016-05-24keyun
louis vuitton outlet stores
coach outlet store online
true religion outlet
cheap ray ban sunglasses
oakley canada
oakley outlet
coach outlet store
coach outlet
cheap toms
ralph lauren outlet
tiffany rings
adidas wings
nfl jerseys
louis vuitton bags
adidas stan smith
tiffany and co jewelry
ray bans
concords 11
coach outlet
jordan retro 4
michael kors purses
cheap basketball shoes
asics shoes for women
nike roshe shoes
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton purses
polo ralph lauren outlet
gucci handbags
red bottom shoes
michael kors handbags
coach factory outlet online
nike blazers shoes
coach factory outlet
tory burch shoes
air jordan femme
replica watches
coach outlet store online
montblanc pen
louis vuitton bags